It’s that time of year again! National Drive Electric Week 2018 is upon us, and we can’t wait to start celebrating. This year, there are 328 National Drive Electric Week events around the country. Tomorrow is the first official day of the festivities, and it’s starting right here in Birmingham, Alabama.
Stop by Brookwood Village on Saturday, September 8 from 10am-2pm to see the latest electric vehicle (EV) models. The event will showcase both new and used EV models from Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Tesla and much more. You’ll even get the chance to talk to EV owners themselves, and you’ll see why EVs are the fastest growing transportation vehicle segment.
Still not sure if driving electric is right for you? Here are five reasons we think it’s a smart choice:
- Rev up your green efforts! EVs are emission-free and better for the environment.
- Save money on fuel. Charging with electricity costs less than gas.
- Support local jobs when you drive EVs.
- Fuel up more conveniently by simply plugging in to a charging station while your car is parked.
- Enjoy the drive! EVs are fun to drive – just ask an EV owner.
An added bonus for Alabama Power customers is a monthly rate discount on power usage during the EV charging period of 9pm and 5am. If you’re already an EV owner, consider upping your impact even more by putting the money you’re saving toward covering your electric usage with green energy.
For other National Drive Electric Week events, check out the official map.